We had homemade pizza for lunch. We made an escalivada pizza. Here’s a bit of story about this traditional dish and the recipe as well.
Escalivada is a traditional Catalan dish of smoky grilled veggetables. It consists of roasted eggplant (aubergine), bell peppers (red) and onion with some salt and olive oil.
The name comes from the catalan word escalivar “cook in ashes” referencing the dish’s traditional preparation.
- 1 big eggplant
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Pour a bit of olive oil in a pyrex.
- Wrap the onion with foil.
- Place the eggplant and the pepper in the pyrex.
- Put it in the oven for 30 min at 180C
- When they’re done peel them and let put it on a plate.
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 green pepper
- Boil the carrot and pepper.
- Dice the tomato.
- When the carrot and pepper are boiled use a blender to mix.
- Put some olive oil in a sauce pan and then pour the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper.
Now I bought a pizza dough at the super market and added the sauce some mozzarella cheese and the escalivada. I baked it for 20 min and done!